L.O.V.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Psycho-Pass

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Anime] Psycho-Pass Empty [Anime] Psycho-Pass

Post  AimoAio Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:17 am

[Anime] Psycho-Pass Psycho10

AniDB wrote:In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person's emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person's criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.

This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

[Anime] Psycho-Pass Empty Re: [Anime] Psycho-Pass

Post  AimoAio Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 am

Because this show is just too awesome to not have it's own thread. Though making a new thread when 18/22 episodes have aired is probably a bit late but AH WELL.

Anyway I agree with you Selva, I rather have an ending where they're satisfied with the choices they've made, like Kougami and
Spoiler:
Oh man T__T the end of episode 18 was just beautiful. <3 Now we just gotta see what Makishima has in store for him. XD
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 am

oh this thread is going to be my haven Embarassed

Despite the quality art/animation of episode 18 XD, it was a very good and sad episode. I admit I teared up in some parts, particularly Gino and his dad little talk and of course the letter. DAT LETTER T___T
Back to Gino though, the fact that he's opening up to his father little by little now and asking him for advices, this is a huge step in their relationship, and it breaks my heart even more because I know Masoaka is probably going to die ;__; I hope I'm wrong tho.
The last 4 episodes are going to be an emotional roller coaster for us T__T
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 am

I didn't notice a huge drop in the animation quality to be honest, but I did think their faces looked a tad odd at times when I was watching it. Even though it was like 3am and I was probably sleep deprived. XD

IKR?! I WAS LIKE OMG. HE'S GONNA DIE. THE FLAGS ARE ALL UP. T__T The only ones I can't really imagine dying are Yayoi and Shion, more Yayoi because I felt like there wasn't enough screentime for her. Or more like she doesn't have much of a presence so I probably won't be too traumatized even if they evict her from the show. I think Kagari's death hurt me more since I was more emotionally attached to his adorableness at times. XD

I should probably save the remaining episodes for when nobody's around to watch. I have a feeling I'll be needing a box of tissues....
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am

I admit I was lol-ing hard sometimes at their faces even though the moment was supposed to be serious >_<
The director actually tweeted his apology about the low quality of the episode before it airs. The staff was probably short on time so they couldn't finish it. All should be fixed for the BD release though, so I hope I can get to watch how it's going to look like.

tbh I expected Masaoka to be the first one to die after it was revealed he's Gino's dad >_< but then it was poor Kagari.
Well, the people I'm expecting to die by the end are Makishima (by Kougami), Kougami (by Akane) and Masaoka. lol I'm getting way too depressed now just thinking about it.

I'm still trying to figure out Yayoi's importance to the overall plot XD probably Rina (her old friend) will get into the spotlight or something and Yayoi will have to face her again? I'm not sure. Kinda too late for that now considering how we're only 4 episodes away from the finale.

oh god, yes. Which reminds me of the state I was in while watching episode 11. I was babysitting my little nieces back then and I started crying and they all laughed at me haha.
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:59 pm

HAHA LOL. I mean this,
Spoiler:
just looks too funny! Look at those eyes! xD I was surprised when he tweeted about it though because I thought they'd have most of, if not all of Psycho-Pass animated before it aired (like Dramas) so having a drop in quality was quite unexpected considering it's like episode 18/22.

Who do you think kills Masaoka then? Razz Oh, maybe it'll be Gino. Though it's unlikely, unless he does some shit that allows Gino to use his dominator but if he did...now that's just cruel then. Maybe he'll die by the opponents hand, a much nicer death that way I think.

And yeah that's what I was thinking, I thought she'd play a much bigger role since there was a WHOLE episode dedicated to her. Now it feels like such a waste because they could have used that time to talk about someone more interesting and died before her, LIKE KAGARI FOR INSTANCE. But ah well, like you mentioned there might be something about her and Rina soon to come.

Hahahaha! Sounds like my brother! He finds it so weird when I cry at anime or dramas. T__T I can't help it!
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 am

ahh Kogami, you look kinda cool thar lol

Masaoka T__T he'll probably die saving Gino's life and this is what will push Gino's CC to a high level and finally will become a latent criminal *sigh* lol I'm so pessimistic so don't mind me =P
I wouldn't want Gino to be the one who kills him. Nooo ;_; that would be too cruel.

I'd have preferred an episode dedicated to Kagari's childhood and why he became a latent criminal at the age of 5 (seriously, why? O_o) or even an episode about Gino and Masoka's history together, or a full episode about Touma and how he captured Sasayama and killed him and Kogami and Gino's reaction to what happened... instead of Yayoi's episode silent

And the new episode. Drowning in feelings right now T__T probably the part that touched me the most was baby Gino and Masaoka's picture in the house. That was so adorable omg ;__;
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 am

I've been resisting the temptation to click this thread until today since I usually wait for Chihayafuru to air so I can watch both that and Psycho-Pass at the same time. Double awesome. (y)

Yeah with the way things are going just now I can almost see Gino becoming a latent criminal. The hints are all over the place, and when he got so angry at Masaoka I seriously thought a drone or something was gonna pop up and say his CC is too high. And yeah the thing about Kagari being a latent criminal at the age of 5 really got me too, I was like "DAFUQ WAS HE THINKING AT THAT AGE?" XD But I bet they'll never explain it. Sad

Aww, that was really sweet! I thought the whole thing about destroying the food chain pretty cool though, such indepth thinking! Good one Makishima!

Every week an episode trickles away from us and we're left with one less than before....Sad only three more!
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:11 am

aww you watch Chihayafuru too? I love it. Psychopass, Chihayafuru and HXH are probably my favorite animes airing right now. Can't wait for April when all the good stuff start. Karneval of course, Shingeki no Kyojin, Utapri and the Urobuchi show; Suisei no Gargantia. XD

I'm starting to feel more sorry for Gino now. I admit I didn't care that much about him at first and he kinda annoyed me with his uptight behavior sometimes, but now? poor baby T__T
yeah, oh god yes me too about Kagari. What kind of things a child at the age of 5 would think about that could possibly raise up his CC? lol

I can't believe we have only 3 episodes left. Crying or Very sad At least I'll look forward to the BD releases because the ones I watched so far are pretty cool. The art has been redone here and there. And all the dark scenes are bright you can actually see what's going on. This makes me eager to watch the other episodes, especially Kogami and Senguji's fight since that scene was very dark I could barely see a thing XD
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am

Selva3bd wrote:aww you watch Chihayafuru too? I love it. Psychopass, Chihayafuru and HXH are probably my favorite animes airing right now. Can't wait for April when all the good stuff start. Karneval of course, Shingeki no Kyojin, Utapri and the Urobuchi show; Suisei no Gargantia. XD
Yep! I love Chihayafuru! I wasn't expecting that much out of it at first but it's got this awesome factor to it that keeps me watching every week and I dunno why. HXH = Hunter x Hunter? And omg yes! About a month left or so until Karneval starts airing! I CAN'T WAIT. And I'll be checking out all those you listed too haha since I've seen a trailer for Shingeki, watched S1 of UtaPri and after Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass I'll be pretty much stalking all of Urobuchi's works. LOL.

Also gonna watch: Devil Survivor 2 (ATLUS AWW YEAH!), Joujuu, (read a bit of the manga) Ginga Kikoutai (because space stuff), Kakumeiki Valvrave (because Sunrise) , Arata Kangatari (setting looks pretty awesome) and Aku no Hana. (cause the manga is so twisted and I'm curious how much they'll show in anime form. XD)

OH, WHO DO YOU SHIP IN CHIHAYAFURU??? XD
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:34 am

Same here XD I don't even remember why I started watching it in the first place, probably because I liked the art style. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. The characters are all very relatable and the story is very heartwarming too. Didn't care at all about Karuta at first but the show actually managed to make me do in the end lol
Yup, Hunter x Hunter. I watched the old anime and I'm following the manga. The new anime is great too ^^
I'm actually reading Shingeki's manga. Awesome stuff <3

oh yeah I heard about Devil Survivor too but I never played the game. The trailer looks good so I'll keep an eye on that. I'm always stalking Urobuchi's stuff XD Aku no Hana slipped my mind completely >_< I'm looking forward to that. Yup, someone said it was so twisted so it's right up my alley Laughing

TAICHI AND CHIHAYA. I've been shipping those two since episode 1 omg. I remember I had a complete emotional and mental breakdown in ep 9 from the 1st season when Taichi took a bite from Chihaya's cake T__T I kept fangirling about it to all my friends for weeks rotfl. sigh, Taichi's been suffering a lot in this season, my poor baby T_T

And PP today... sigh, I'm in love with Makishima XD Akane made me proud. baka Shinya heading to his death pretty much.
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Selva3bd wrote:TAICHI AND CHIHAYA. I've been shipping those two since episode 1 omg. I remember I had a complete emotional and mental breakdown in ep 9 from the 1st season when Taichi took a bite from Chihaya's cake T__T I kept fangirling about it to all my friends for weeks rotfl. sigh, Taichi's been suffering a lot in this season, my poor baby T_T

And PP today... sigh, I'm in love with Makishima XD Akane made me proud. baka Shinya heading to his death pretty much.
Omg I can finally reply now that I've watched PP. xD AND I AM PROUD OF YOU! +1 TO THE TAICHIXCHIHAYA FANBASE! XDDD And IKR?! They're being totally horrible to him mentioning Arata and having Chihaya looking all excited and happy at the end of every damn episode. Like, why go make a totally awesome video with lots of feels and kill it at the end with him looking all depressed. And seriously he always catches her at the worst moments like when she phoned Arata. >__>

Gotta admit Makishima was pretty awesome this episode, just look at that smile while he gets his knife ready. XD And damn I don't like Shinya being too clever and heading to the factory too early by himself. Those death flags. Neutral
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm

TAICHI X CHIHAYA 4EVA cheers I'm an avid shipper when it comes to those two XD
oh god yes T__T this anime should be renamed to "Taichi's suffering" after everything the poor boy goes through in every episode since season 1. That phone call did annoy me though, because here she has Taichi with her in the same place, but instead she calls Arata and talks with him >__> well, I dunno. I think Chihaya's feelings for Arata are more like an admiration to a godly figure in Karuta more than a romantic love... or at least I hope so >__<

lmao he's crazy and adorable all in the same package XD Shinya is... going to die 99% sure of it ;__; Makishima probably will too. I should prepare myself for when this actually happens >_<
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 am

Yeah that's what I think it is too. It doesn't feel like a romantic love but more of a worshiping type. Like an idol. I'll cry if the mangaka ends up making it Arata x Chihaya. OH GOD NOOOOOOOO!

Omg T__T I don't want either of them to die! I mean Sibyl obviously LOOOOOVEEES Makishima since they're willing to go to all these lengths to capture him alive just to snag his brain and Akane really wants to save Shinya so she'll probably try and NOT kill Makishima. The only problem is Makishima and Shinya want to kill each other. Neutral

2 episodes left. This countdown is killing me every week.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 pm

The episode was very depressing, I was crying like no body's business last night watching it T_____T
oh god, it's just too late for that now, I mean Gino and Masaoka had each others but they still couldn't be together or act like how any normal father and son would be like. It's just too depressing. Gino's broken face broke me too. Just look at him omg! Now, I'm pretty sure his CC is sky high right now.
And Makishima actually 'smiled' when he saw Gino crying over his father! It's like WHAT! Makishima is pretty broken himself too. I actually agree with everything Kogami said about him in the end, about how he was outcast from the society and that's why he hates it. Makishima doesn't have anything to lose right now. I only hope he gets killed instead of his brain being taken to be a part of Sibyl's collection. I hope they destroy the system completely. And I hope Akane comes out of this situation alive. Ko and Makishima are both doomed so I have no hope for them at all right now.
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 am

Selva3bd wrote:Masaoka T__T he'll probably die saving Gino's life and this is what will push Gino's CC to a high level and finally will become a latent criminal *sigh*
SELVA WHY MUST YOU BE SO GOOD AT PREDICTING THIS ENDING? D; You were totally spot on. T__T I wonder if the second part of your prediction will happen in next week's last episode. T__T

But yeah I'm rooting for Akane to stay alive, more so if she can do something to turn about this scenario (though that's unlikely) with Ko and Makishima. Especially since she was pretty boss this episode.

THE FINALE IS NEXT WEEK.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 pm

mah super powa pf prediction lol XD but yeah, the parallels between Gino and Masaoka are already there. He also lost the same arm and his hue has been deteriorating for quite some time. Not to mention he also refused the therapy.
I have a feeling Urobuchi created his character just to torture the poor guy lmao
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:11 am

Selva3bd wrote:mah super powa pf prediction lol XD but yeah, the parallels between Gino and Masaoka are already there. He also lost the same arm and his hue has been deteriorating for quite some time. Not to mention he also refused the therapy.
I have a feeling Urobuchi created his character just to torture the poor guy lmao
And he was trying so hard to keep his hue in check after what happened to Ko. T__T He even gave tips to Akane. D:
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 am

yeah, it sucks to see all the effort he put so far to keep his hue clean but it's kinda for naught right now >__<
Akane is very lucky her hue is very stable like that.
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 am

Yep. Though sometimes the faces she makes give off the impression it's slowly going to get cloudy. D: Though afterwards, it was kinda funny when she asked Masaoka to point the Dominator at her and check LOL.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 am

That ending was... uhm... I have no words really XDDDD
Disappointing? Anticlimatic? Poetic? Satisfying? A mixture of all those together? Probably Rolling Eyes
Well, the one thing that absolutely irked me was that Sibyl still continues. It's not even weakened one bit. It actually decided to evolve even more. Sibyl is here to stay and Makishima was the only hope to take it down with his plan... too bad Kogami and Akani had to butt in and ruin it all. Yes, I was rooting for Makishima XD
I don't agree with the notion that the society and the citizens need Sibyl or they are too dependent on it. Just show them the real truth behind their beloved glorified system and all will riot and break free and go back to the old ways of life (our ways). Just the fact that those innocent people's lives are being led and controlled by a bunch of egotistically criminal brains should be more than enough for a revolution.

And Makishima's death broke me. Like really. *sigh*

Anyway, I want mah season 2 and I want Makishima to be alive (somehow) and to team up with Kogami to destroy Sibyl once and for all. Dreaming much am I? XDD but really, they have room for a second season or an OVA or a movie. The world of Psychopass is very interesting and there are too many things they can expand on.
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 am

Selva3bd wrote:That ending was... uhm... I have no words really XDDDD
Disappointing? Anticlimatic? Poetic? Satisfying? A mixture of all those together? Probably Rolling Eyes
x100000000000000000000000000000000000. I don't think it was a bad end and it was satisfying to an extent but I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much epicness to come out from it and in the end, it felt more like a closure episode than anything else.

That being said, it did totally hint at a second season. TOO MANY UNRESOLVED ISSUES FOR A START *coughKOGAMIcough*, though they're gonna have a tough time finding an antagonist as awesome as Makishima (damn, I can't believe he just died like that - underestimation of Ko's abilities? C'MON MAKISHIMA. I KNOW YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS).

But yeah, I do think they need to overturn the Sibyl System for this to have a truly good ending. To us, it doesn't seem necessary for such a system to exist but don't forget the setting of this is way into the future and people have become dependent on such a system. Remember there was an episode where someone was beating a woman in the streets while wearing that helmet and all the bystanders just stood there and watched? It's because they've been brought up in a world where seeing something like that happen in public is completely outrageous so they don't know how to react to it. If Sibyl doesn't deem it as a crime, they don't know it's a crime. Which sounds completely stupid but that's just how they are in that kind of world. So maybe S2 will be the revolution against Sibyl? AWW YEAH. cheers

Though a part of me is still pretty sad it's finished for now. No more Psycho-Pass every week. Buh-huh, Crying or Very sad And also Makishima. //le sobs. You shall be missed.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

I expected a closure but I got none lol I was totally expecting Sibyl to be destroyed. You know, something like what happened in the ending of No.6 would've been pretty nice imo. Oh well, maybe the staff were setting us up for a sequel from the get go so they left some open endings just in case.

oh that incident completely slipped my mind XD it sure will take sometime for the people of Psychopass to get used to a world without Sibyl forcing them to keep a clean hue all the time.

Yeah, now what am I gonna watch on Thursdays? T____T At least I still have Chihayafuru and HXH lol and a whole bunch of other new animes coming out in April.
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 am

Yeah I was hoping for Sibyl to be destroyed too but well, with only one episode left and the battle between Kogami and Makishima still to go, I wasn't really expecting that to happen give the time constraints. XD

Selva3bd wrote:Yeah, now what am I gonna watch on Thursdays? T____T At least I still have Chihayafuru and HXH lol and a whole bunch of other new animes coming out in April.
For sure! Like Karneval and Devil Survivor for instance. Very Happy SOOOOONNN!
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 am

The more I think about the ending, the more I see it as a somehow realistic ending. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like it at all when I saw it for the first time and thought it was pretty terrible XD but of course a system as deeply-rooted as Sibyl can't possibly be destroyed this easily. It will take time, effort and more than just one man to do the job.

Anyway, here are some news that makes me very happy XD
The director of Psychopass said in the directors panel at Sakura-Con today that 'if the show gets enough support, there could be a second season.'
Hell yeah Twisted Evil I'll always come back for more PP but it won't be the same without Makishima T___T unless Makishima is actually still alive (yup, I'm desperate lol) or someone will take his place (Kogami?).
Selva3bd
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next