L.O.V.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishounen Avatar Contest

+2
AimoAio
litoxpinky
6 posters

Go down

Bishounen Avatar Contest  Empty Bishounen Avatar Contest

Post  litoxpinky Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

Woo~ Let's get started with sharing! And see who really has the best taste in men Wink It'll be interesting to see everybody's tastes ohoho~

Onto the rules!

Posting
1. In terms of this contest, the avatar must be of a bishounen, which by wikipedia & urban dictionary standards is a beautiful boy. Slightly androgynous is typical, but they can not be determined female characters in their respective animes/mangas/videogames, ie like in a gender-bender genre.

2. Each avatar must hold to forum rules: "its width cannot exceed 150 pixels, the height cannot exceed 200 pixels, and the file size cannot be higher than 64 KB"

3. Individual members may only post a maximum of ten avatars throughout their posts. Double posts are fine. If they wish to swap one of the ten out for another as time progresses, they must PM me (litoxpinky) first so I'm aware of the change.

4. In their post, individual members must include the avatars posted here or by a URL with all of their avatars on the same page.

5. If posting more than one avatar, individual members must number the avatars by each posted avatar starting at 1 and ending at 10, ie #1 [posted image], and then #2 [posted image], etc. They may be in rows or separated by line breaks, either is fine as long as it is clear which number corresponds to whichever avatar. I'll notify members if the image is not shown or the link is broken.

6. Avatars DO NOT have to be of your own creation! They certainly can be! But feel free to search the web or google them. Only include credits if need be, such as if the creator asks for them.

7. Posting members must be able to identify characters and their source (manga/anime/videogame) if inquired by another member.

8. No celebrities/k-pop idols/real people and PG-13 images only please!

9. Couple avatars are only acceptable if everyone in the avatar is a bishounen.

10. NO REPEATS. Characters and sources may be used again, but the same, exact image may not be posted another member if already posted. I'll notify members by PM if this happens and ask the member who posted after to change their selection.

Voting
1. Will start when a good amount (150ish/+) is available to choose from. Once I think a good amount has been amassed, I'll get the topic locked (no more posting) and start the preliminary round voting started. Either that will be your notification or I'll just pm everyone who participated or have it announced on the site? Not sure yet.

2. Preliminary round voting
will run for two weeks.
Individual members are limited to a max of 10 choices out the 150ish/+.
Votes for the preliminary round must be sent by PM to me (litoxpinky) and
list votes by the posted member's name and the number of their avatar, ie. litoxpinky #1, #9, AimoAio #5, etc.
I will keep a spreadsheet with all of the votes, and after two weeks (give or take a day since members come from different timezones), I will count the 10 avatars with the most votes and enter them into a poll.

3. Final round voting
will be done by a poll on this topic (reopened) and will run for three weeks.
Individual members will be limited to one vote in the poll.

4. Members of the forum who did not participate in sharing avatars may vote.

Rewarding
1. Bragging rights~

2. For the fans, I will edit/share the next two chapters of your choosing of the projects L.O.V.E does here in a week after the poll closes and you PM me (litoxpinky) your two choices. I'm only an editor though so I can not guarantee speedy new chapters if they are untranslated, unproofread & unQCed, etc, but I'll give you proof I've edited them via screenshot.

3. For the staff, umm...I don't really know. I do that stuff for free anyways, just in longer time periods haha. How about I extend it out of this group and offer to join another group of your choosing for editing two chapters so long as its in my capabilities? I really can't think much of anything else...Hmmm! Well if you win, you can pm me something you want so long as you know it's in my capabilities and funds ($0) LOL.

Any questions?! Please PM me (litoxpinky) if anything needs clarification or you have any questions or if I'm breaking any rules within the forum with space sizes and stuff with images and what not or if this is illegal, is it illegal. Here's to basking in the glory of bishounens!
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Bishounen Avatar Contest  Empty Re: Bishounen Avatar Contest

Post  AimoAio Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

Can I just post "my current avatar"? Or do I need to show/link the avatar in my post? What happens if I want to post one avatar now and more later? Do I need to keep track of my own postings or is that handled by the co-ordinator? Is it okay if my avatars are a variety of sizes as long as they don't exceed the specifications? Or should I conform to a special standard? (eg. 100x100 or 150x150 only for uniformity)

But this sounds fun! I must go bishie avatar hunting right away~! Very Happy
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 am

AimoAio wrote:Can I just post "my current avatar"? Or do I need to show/link the avatar in my post? What happens if I want to post one avatar now and more later? Do I need to keep track of my own postings or is that handled by the co-ordinator? Is it okay if my avatars are a variety of sizes as long as they don't exceed the specifications? Or should I conform to a special standard? (eg. 100x100 or 150x150 only for uniformity)

I don't have an estimation of how long this will run on, so I'd like to have everyone show/link your avatar in your post in case people change their current avatars. You can post avatars whenever you feel like it! As long as in total it's no more than 10. Please do make sure you number avatars sequentially in your posts if you do more than one post, but I will keep tabs and PM the member of said posts if I can't edit them. Yeah variety of sizes is fine as long as they are within forum standards. ^^

AimoAio wrote:But this sounds fun! I must go bishie avatar hunting right away~!

I'm doing that too so I can win and not reward anyone, so hopefully they'll be really good~
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm mainly doing mines from the same few series XD. Credits to daystardesigns, lazygraphics, animepaper, and one of them is mines (can you guess?) And yeah I like my bishounens staring at you~ sometimes eating something, sometimes kinda battered, but all sexy ;D

#1 Bishounen Avatar Contest  HakuoukiShinsengumiKitan-06 #2 Bishounen Avatar Contest  7126 #3 Bishounen Avatar Contest  1436 #4 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Lazygraphics-karneval-7
#5 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Animepapernet_avatar_standard_video_games_atelier_rorona_atelier_rorona_8_236376_vampluva_preview-7fa20bef #6 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Animepapernet_avatar_standard_anime_hakuouki_shinsengumi_kitan_saito_for_war_207227_edotenseihime_medium-dd8ad26b #7 Bishounen Avatar Contest  FVII-CloudStrife2copy
#8 Bishounen Avatar Contest  7271 #9 Bishounen Avatar Contest  5273 #10 Bishounen Avatar Contest  5268
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:46 am

Okay, so here's mine. Those bishi stares Embarassed
All image belongs to their respective artist and if any of them are not consider as a bishounen, please tell me. I'll change it.

#1. Bishounen Avatar Contest  73357884 #2. Bishounen Avatar Contest  69189052 #3. Bishounen Avatar Contest  54776808 #4. Bishounen Avatar Contest  99868226
#5. Bishounen Avatar Contest  64927954 #6. Bishounen Avatar Contest  39150379 #7. Bishounen Avatar Contest  64527051 #8. Bishounen Avatar Contest  64445170
#9. Bishounen Avatar Contest  47954977 #10. Bishounen Avatar Contest  55757740
Shion
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 am

I can recognize most them! They're fine by the way too so no need to change them. I'm curious to know who number 7 is though! And I don't know if it's bright lights but...*wipes drool* let's just say I see pokemon in a new light =)
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Fanart is one of those thing that made me like some Pokemon character more than I had when playing the game. Smile
#7 is from Pokemon too. Hoenn's champion, Steven.
Shion
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Shion wrote:#7 is from Pokemon too. Hoenn's champion, Steven.

What! @_____@ All of my childhood is oh so different now..
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  monn Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 pm

I think it'll be quite some time till we reach 150 avatars...That's half the reason why I'm adding some candidates! Laughing

#1 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image #2 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image #3 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image #4 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image

#5 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image #6 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image #7 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image #8 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image

#9 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Barnaby_Brooks_Jr_full_518033 #10 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Image
Credits for the images used and names of these beautiful male creatures:
Spoiler:
monn
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 am

@Lito:
#1 & #6: Hajime Saito from Hakuouki?
#2: Frau from 07-Ghost
#3: No idea
#4: Is that...Gareki!? xD
#5: No idea
#7: Cloud Strife from FF7:AC
#8: Lavi from D.Gray Man
#9: Damn I know him from somewhere!
#10: Tokidoki from Amatsuki

@Shion:
#1: No idea
#2: Jellal Fernandes from Fairy Tail
#4: Eh not sure if it's Gin from Hotarubi no Mori e or Natsume from Natsume Yuujinchou
#5,6,7: No idea xD
#8: Zack from FF7
#9: Looks like...Red from Pokemon?
#10: Minato from Persona 3

Wtf am I doing turning this into a bishie guessing game?! xD I have so many bishies I actually don't know who my top 10 are anymore. ;__;
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 am

monn wrote:I think it'll be quite some time till we reach 150 avatars...That's half the reason why I'm adding some candidates! Laughing

Yeah it'll be some time, hopefully uh in the more near future than much later, but I'd like some variety LOL. Thanks for joining monn! You've got some great tastes (though I remember watching Howl's Moving Castle and being confused out of my mind but the art was really pretty and Kanda Yuu ~<3

AimoAio wrote: @Lito:
#1 & #6: Hajime Saito from Hakuouki?
#2: Frau from 07-Ghost
#4: Is that...Gareki!? xD
#5: No idea
#7: Cloud Strife from FF7:AC
#8: Lavi from D.Gray Man
#9: Damn I know him from somewhere!
#10: Tokidoki from Amatsuki

Wtf am I doing turning this into a bishie guessing game?! xD I have so many bishies I actually don't know who my top 10 are anymore. ;__;

And yeah what are you doing AimoAio, this is a contest not game LOL. But yeah feel free to do whatever and post whoever! You're always free to change it if you want to later on.

#1 & #6 Yep
#3 Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass (haven't gotten around to watching it but I heard it's more than great and I'm so sorry I haven't watched it yet D: )
#4 Yep that's Gareki
#5 Sterkenburg Cranach from Atelier Totori
#9 Kon Shinonome from Amatsuki (very vague picture haha)
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 am

AimoAio wrote:
@Shion:
#1: No idea
#2: Jellal Fernandes from Fairy Tail
#4: Eh not sure if it's Gin from Hotarubi no Mori e or Natsume from Natsume Yuujinchou
#5,6,7: No idea xD
#8: Zack from FF7
#9: Looks like...Red from Pokemon?
#10: Minato from Persona 3

Don't know who are your top 10? Just put your current fav in all 10 XD

#1 Soma from Tartaros Online
#2 Right
#3 Jin Kisaragi from Blazblue
#4 It's Gin
#5 Proton from Pokemon
#6 Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney
#7 Steven Stone from Pokemon
#8 Right
#9 Yeah, it's Red
#10 Right
Shion
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mei-mei Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:43 am

Sounds fun, can I play? :3 Or, for that matter, are you guys still going? XD
Mei-mei
Mei-mei
Cleaner
Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:44 am

Yeah! Feel free to jump in~ I'm always looking for more avatars Very Happy I mean..
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mei-mei Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Here goes~

#1 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o10_250#2 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o6_100#3 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o7_250#4 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o5_250#5 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o4_250#6 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o3_250#7 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o2_250#8 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o1_250#9 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o8_250#10 Bishounen Avatar Contest  Tumblr_mqzz1k0u5H1s4qw66o9_250

Character names and what they're from!
Spoiler:
Mei-mei
Mei-mei
Cleaner
Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:56 am

Oooooh lovely <3

And what people make fan art of the noh face in Spirited Away? I thought that part was the scariest part of the movie LOL
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:12 pm

I see that you like 96neko too. *hi five* Very Happy
Shion
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mei-mei Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 am

Shion wrote: I see that you like 96neko too. *hi five* Very Happy
*high five* If only I could sing like her too.........
litoxpinky wrote:Oooooh lovely <3

And what people make fan art of the noh face in Spirited Away? I thought that part was the scariest part of the movie LOL
Agreed, haha XD But he might be kinda cute... under that mask....
Mei-mei
Mei-mei
Cleaner
Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cody-Sama Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:17 am

Te cody-sama did eren, levi and eren on Shingeko No Kyojin
Te cody-sama also did Kuroko & Kise from Kuroko no Basket and Kakeru from Area no Kishi.
Te cody-sama uses sizes of 100x100 and 150x150 pixels.
1. Bishounen Avatar Contest  Rutras2.Bishounen Avatar Contest  71o0hz 3.Bishounen Avatar Contest  2ebr5so 4. Bishounen Avatar Contest  313g1vs5.Bishounen Avatar Contest  Vdpux 5.Bishounen Avatar Contest  M7ymbk 6.Bishounen Avatar Contest  15ed75s 7.Bishounen Avatar Contest  16jpxs8
to be continue

Cody-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down