L.O.V.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Read - For All New Applicants

+15
YageNuzu
Kira-senpai
Svelyn
abyssal
yushiro
Shiori
siseoul
litoxpinky
NDK4
Shirokuro98
ciel97
ama
5am
xariaa
AimoAio
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Please Read - For All New Applicants

Post  AimoAio Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 pm

PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. But we do prefer those who have had experience. For cleaners/typesetters and quality checkers, confidence and skill in Photoshop is always a good welcoming factor. Providing us samples of your work would be useful. In addition with completing the tests listed with the relevant positions.

To apply for a role simply go to this page and fill out the recruitment form at the bottom:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You will be contacted via email if you are accepted so please make sure to check your spam filters if you have not received anything. Alternatively, you can contact us on the forum here for an update on your application progress. We receive a good number of applications sometimes so please do not be disappointed if you are not accepted, it does not mean you are bad, it just means we have enough staff in that department. However do check back regularly for any open positions we may have.

We will remove any inactive staff without a valid reason for absence. If you do not have time or personal problems have occurred that require you to take temporary leave, PLEASE NOTIFY US. There’s nothing worse than people taking jobs and vanishing on us.

Last edited by AimoAio on Mon May 13, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 22 times in total
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Quality checker/chinese translator.

Post  xariaa Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:23 am

Hi,

I just looked you guys up because I noticed y’all are putting up the latest Karneval scans! I’m completely new to this but I love reading Karneval so if you guys need help I’m totally willing to help out! (: I do know some chinese buttttt I wouldn’t be too confident of my translating abilities haha ^^” especially not if it’s traditional chinese. D: I’m fluent in English and pretty good at proofreading to make sure content makes sense. I also have some experience in Photoshop if you need. (: Anyway, do keep posting updates for Karneval! Looking forward to the next chapter! Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven

xariaa
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Re: Please Read - For All New Applicants

Post  AimoAio Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:38 am

xariaa wrote:Hi,

I just looked you guys up because I noticed y’all are putting up the latest Karneval scans! I’m completely new to this but I love reading Karneval so if you guys need help I’m totally willing to help out! (: I do know some chinese buttttt I wouldn’t be too confident of my translating abilities haha ^^” especially not if it’s traditional chinese. D: I’m fluent in English and pretty good at proofreading to make sure content makes sense. I also have some experience in Photoshop if you need. (: Anyway, do keep posting updates for Karneval! Looking forward to the next chapter! Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven

OMG. YOU ARE AWESOME! We are in desperate need of a proofreader since our current one seems to be quite busy and I'm not that great with proofreading. ;__; If it's okay with you, I'll put you down as a proofreader? Although if you want to take up another role/jobs it's entirely up to you. Smile
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Re: Please Read - For All New Applicants

Post  xariaa Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 pm

AimoAio wrote:

OMG. YOU ARE AWESOME! We are in desperate need of a proofreader since our current one seems to be quite busy and I'm not that great with proofreading. ;__; If it's okay with you, I'll put you down as a proofreader? Although if you want to take up another role/jobs it's entirely up to you. Smile

ahh haha i can proofread the english for sure, but not compare it with Japanese unfortunately >< but if that's fine with you, i'm good! (:

xariaa
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:54 pm

For now, that works with me. Smile If you want to switch to another role later though, that's also fine. ^^ Just whichever is most comfortable for you.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  xariaa Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:28 am

Alright, awesome Very Happy so I guess the way it works is like how it's stated in the read me posts in each section of the forums?

xariaa
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:31 am

Yup. So you'll get your scripts off the Translations forum and once they're proof-read then you post your link in the Proofread Translations forum and the typesetters will use this. Smile
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Proofreader

Post  5am Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi.
I would like to help with proofreading so I'm apparently applying to be a proofreader. Wink
Like a Star @ heaven
5am
5am
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:17 am

5am wrote:Hi.
I would like to help with proofreading so I'm apparently applying to be a proofreader. Wink
Like a Star @ heaven

Great Smile my Internet at home is currently down so I'll add you to staff and give you the rank when I get back from work tonight Smile
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  5am Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks in advanced! Smile
5am
5am
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:08 pm

5am wrote:Thanks in advanced! Smile
Done! I take it you know what to do? If not that's okay, I'll repeat it here.

You'll get your scripts off the Translations forum. And then once you are done, post it in the Proofread Translations forum. This is where the typesetters will get their script.

Also check out the Read Me section for proofreaders here:

It'll come in handy. ^^ And looking forward to working with you!
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Cleaner/typesetter

Post  ama Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello, I'd like to apply for a position. Are you looking for a cleaner or typesetter at all?
Like a Star @ heaven

ama

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty quality checker

Post  ciel97 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

hey i am willing to be a quality checker Very Happy please let me know if i can be of any help Smile is the post available for me??? i really want to help Very Happy
Like a Star @ heaven
ciel97
ciel97

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm

ama wrote:Hello, I'd like to apply for a position. Are you looking for a cleaner or typesetter at all?
Like a Star @ heaven
We currently have 2 of each so it's up to you. Have you any prior experience in either role? Smile
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:42 pm

ciel97 wrote:hey i am willing to be a quality checker Very Happy please let me know if i can be of any help Smile is the post available for me??? i really want to help Very Happy
Like a Star @ heaven
Have you any prior experience in qc'ing? We are only looking for quality checkers who have had experience.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  ciel97 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 pm

hello i really want to help in quality checking i have good english and therefore i would love to help please let me know Very Happy
Like a Star @ heaven
ciel97
ciel97

Back to top Go down

Post  ciel97 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

i am sorry to dissapoint you but you could try with a trial version and check if i am any good??? i really want to help so please consider
Like a Star @ heaven
ciel97
ciel97

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 am

ciel97 wrote:i am sorry to dissapoint you but you could try with a trial version and check if i am any good??? i really want to help so please consider
Like a Star @ heaven

Okay I've uploaded a test for you.

There's only 5 pages. Some of them require cleaning and resizing. The .psds I have cleaned are for typesetting and then there's a page where you need to do both cleaning and typesetting. They're not overly difficult because Karneval doesn't have your typical shoujo art with crazy patterns and annoying hair to redraw (though there are some) so the test is also not overly difficult. The instructions will contain more information.

Once you are done with this please send me your .psds in a .rar or .zip archive through PM.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirokuro98 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi, I looked you up because of the Karneval releases, and I guess I really want to help you out? I have no experience at all, but I can help with some Japanese translating, although I'm not too confident in understanding complicated words... My English is pretty good too, I'm confident in my grammar, so I guess I could help with some proofreading too?

Anyway, I figured I'd offer to help, even if it's with simpler things, seeing Karneval releases always makes my day, after all >.<
Shirokuro98
Shirokuro98
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 am

Shirokuro98 wrote:Hi, I looked you up because of the Karneval releases, and I guess I really want to help you out? I have no experience at all, but I can help with some Japanese translating, although I'm not too confident in understanding complicated words... My English is pretty good too, I'm confident in my grammar, so I guess I could help with some proofreading too?

Anyway, I figured I'd offer to help, even if it's with simpler things, seeing Karneval releases always makes my day, after all >.<
We're currently have 2 proofreaders but only 1 Japanese translator. If you're okay with it, I'll put you down as a translator? And you can work with the other translator if you're stuck with a chapter. Smile
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirokuro98 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 am

AimoAio wrote:
Shirokuro98 wrote:Hi, I looked you up because of the Karneval releases, and I guess I really want to help you out? I have no experience at all, but I can help with some Japanese translating, although I'm not too confident in understanding complicated words... My English is pretty good too, I'm confident in my grammar, so I guess I could help with some proofreading too?

We're currently have 2 proofreaders but only 1 Japanese translator. If you're okay with it, I'll put you down as a translator? And you can work with the other translator if you're stuck with a chapter. Smile

Thanks, that would be awesome ^-^ I look forwards to working with you guys!
Shirokuro98
Shirokuro98
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Welcome to the group! ^^ You should be able to see the staff forums now, and while you're at it please take a look at the Read Me for translators to understand how we work here. Looking forward to working with you! Smile

AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Mandarin Translator

Post  NDK4 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Hello! I'm new here! Are the Chinese raws in simplified or traditional Chinese?
Thanks! Very Happy

NDK4

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 am

NDK4 wrote:Hello! I'm new here! Are the Chinese raws in simplified or traditional Chinese?
Thanks! Very Happy
We don't have the Chinese scans for download, our members just use a chinese mangareader site. The link I currently have is in traditional chinese.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants Empty Cleaner

Post  litoxpinky Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 am

Helloooo! I LOVE KARNEVAL <3, and I'd like to extend my abilities towards helping with releases. I tried to post a link to my samples, but new members aren't allowed to for 7 days. So I'm going to change it so that's not a link and you just change the "dot"s with a period without the ( ). If I didn't include the direct raw (save some space), it's because there is a rotated, cropped (which I did) bottom most raw layer.

www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?249l98f2kp22aj5

Do you guys have strict deadlines? I take on a few projects along with school and volunteering, so I'd just like to know if I can't commit.

Like a Star @ heaven
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum