[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin

Post  monn on Mon May 20, 2013 12:33 am

AimoAio wrote:On another note, I don't know how much longer I can hang on and not give in to temptation to read the manga. Crying or Very sad
Hahaha Go on then, read it xD

I remember when the first episode came out, SnK ranked like #800ish in animecrazy. But when I watched the 7th episode, the rank was 180ish and now it is 170ish. By the end of the anime, I bet it'll be among the top 25.
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Mon May 20, 2013 1:52 am

Wow it's really popular! It's also #11 on MAL except the site's down. LOL.

Man don't give me permission monn. Sad You know I'll cave in for sure now! xD I SHALL TRY MY BEST TO HANG ON TILL AT LEAST HALFWAY. IF NOT, EP10,11 at the least! XD
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd on Sun May 26, 2013 9:55 pm

My estimation was wrong (thankfully) and Levil will show up in the next episode Laughing
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Sun May 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Selva3bd wrote:My estimation was wrong (thankfully) and Levil will show up in the next episode Laughing
YESSS. EPIC PREVIEW WAS EPIC.

And woah:
Spoiler:
Was not expecting the titan to go down and see Eren just kneeling there....xD

And Armin's finally showing us his strength! Though I did feel a little bad for:
Spoiler:
Sasha when she failed to kill that Kyojin
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monn on Mon May 27, 2013 12:29 am

Yesss Levi! The strongest soldier men have! Very Happy Though I have to say that... I was NOT expecting Kamiya Hiroshi to voice Levi. I mean, I'm so used to listening to Kamiya's voice already... I had wished they would have given the role to some random newbie voice actor. Not that I hate Kamiya's voice though haha

AND MAN, EP 8.
Sigh... Great battle scene at the end... Great BGM as always. The most interesting title this season, seriously. cheers
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion on Mon May 27, 2013 2:04 am

Episode 8 was pretty intense, with all the fighting and stuff.

Spoiler:
Nice to see Armin being useful for once. Was a little sad seeing Sasha frighten and begging for her life, she's my favorite girl.

Wasn't expecting Eren to just pop out of the Titan. I was thinking something like the Titan shrinking into human size.
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  enchantednights on Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm

I just finished the what's out of the manga and anime and asdfghjkl;

RIVAILLE IS MY BB

••Tumblr I |Tumblr II |Twitter••
enchantednights
Proofreader
Proofreader

View user profile http://torikagos.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 am

Shion wrote:
Spoiler:
Wasn't expecting Eren to just pop out of the Titan. I was thinking something like the Titan shrinking into human size.
Me too Shion! It was quite surprising! And did you see his smile in the preview...? D:

I'm so excited to see Levi in the next episode! And I don't even read the manga what. Neutral
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion on Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 am

[quote="AimoAio"]
Shion wrote:
Me too Shion! It was quite surprising! And did you see his smile in the preview...? D:

I went and look at the preview again cause I don't remember him smiling all I remember was Levi and Eren is seen as an enemy D:
He looks like he's happy with killing Titans, kind of scares me a little. Sad

Seems like everyone is excited with Levi appearance, including myself. Even though I know nothing about him...
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Levi. So badass this episode! And holy crap that ending. Shocked Also this basement thing seems to be really important...Eren's father seems to know quite a bit about those titans.
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:39 am

There's only one word to describe episode 9, EPIC.
Spoiler:
Especially when Titan Eren burst out of the other Titan and when he turns into the half skeleton thing at the end.

Some things are explained in this episode but more mystery are added in...it left me confuse at the end of the episode.
Spoiler:
And I really want to know what's in the basement
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Nice to see Armin finally realizes he has a useful brain! And wow I really wanted to punch that bearded commander so many times this episode, I know it's normal for fear to overtake you in this kind of situation but c'mon you're a commander you should be able to do better than this. Evil or Very Mad Pixis coming in to save the day was awesome though!
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monn on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:29 pm

I know right! But I kinda like his character, so humane. And that makes the whole series more realistic.

And, Eren has to come out from inside his Titan body (nape of the neck) because that's why all titans' weak point is the nape of their necks. Laughing I think the anime adds a few scenes that are not in the manga... Or maybe this time the whole thing just becomes clearer to me now that the images are moving and all. You know, cause the manga art is so...artsy. Laughing
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Yeah and then there was also that other guy who was about to kill himself because of the despair of knowing they don't stand a chance against the titans. (When Sasha said her stomach hurts. XD) Reality is cruel.

Haha! Artsy. xD I saw a few pages before of older chapters so I know what you mean. Razz But yeah, I feel like I absorb the facts and information more easily when I'm watching it in animated form, there are some things you can't 100% tell for sure when it's just pictures and text.

I heard the next episode will be epic. :O Do we get to see Titan Eren doing something awesome? Very Happy
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monn on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 am

Ummm Something epic? Well, uh, I guess it is epic but... it'll depend on how the anime portrays the scene. Very Happy

I wonder how many chapters this anime's 25 episodes can cover.
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am

monn wrote:Ummm Something epic? Well, uh, I guess it is epic but... it'll depend on how the anime portrays the scene. Very Happy

I wonder how many chapters this anime's 25 episodes can cover.
Ep14 will be a recap so the Trost arc will probably end at ep 13. Not sure what arcs are after Trost since I don't read the manga but I'm guessing two's the max they'll cover by ep25. Unless they go into super-condense mode which I doubt because they could always save that content for another season (and make more money potentially). XD

Spoiler:
LOL just when you think everything's going smoothly, Eren goes berserk at the end and this series reminds us that happiness does not exist xD
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monn on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Aimo wrote:Ep14 will be a recap so the Trost arc will probably end at ep 13.
How did you know?? o_O And by the way I think yeah... the anime will end after the first big revelation. Because... Ummm At least there is a track specifically for THAT revelation in the original soundtrack album. Don't search which track I'm talking about, Aimo. Curiosity killed the cat!

About happiness doesn't exist thingy, I have to agree, at least in the Shingeki world it doesn't exist xD I don't care if the ending is happy or sad, I just want the perfect ending (for the manga) that reveals every mystery and question; the kind of ending which leaves no space for a sequel whatsoever. Like how Fullmetal Alchemist ends, for instance.
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 pm

monn wrote:
Aimo wrote:Ep14 will be a recap so the Trost arc will probably end at ep 13.
How did you know?? o_O And by the way I think yeah... the anime will end after the first big revelation. Because... Ummm At least there is a track specifically for THAT revelation in the original soundtrack album. Don't search which track I'm talking about, Aimo. Curiosity killed the cat!

About happiness doesn't exist thingy, I have to agree, at least in the Shingeki world it doesn't exist xD I don't care if the ending is happy or sad, I just want the perfect ending (for the manga) that reveals every mystery and question; the kind of ending which leaves no space for a sequel whatsoever. Like how Fullmetal Alchemist ends, for instance.
Oh it was mentioned on AnimeNewsNetwork and most animes tend to have a recap around the start of a new season to try and get new viewers so it's understandable. And hahaha I will keep that in mind! I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague since I'm waiting till after Trost ends to read the manga (can't wait any longer than that xD).

Yup, like Code Geass. It didn't have a happy ending either but it was a pretty satisfying ending which is worth more than anything for a fan. Leaving plotholes and the fans hanging is the worst possible thing you could do so I agree 100%!
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Not really related to episode discussion but this is pretty amazing.

3-D Maneuver Gear in real life
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 am

I saw that recently too! The power of fans is pretty amazing.

Oh and Operation Boulder is a-
Spoiler:
SUCCESS!

Though I didn't expect Marco to die off screen. D: And soooo many deaths just for this one win. ;__;
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shion on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:50 pm

So much effort to move the boulder when he could have just do this
Spoiler:
I'm not good at remembering characters so...
Spoiler:
Who's Marco?

Looks like the next episode is gonna be a recap Sad
Shion
Chinese translator
Chinese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monn on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:45 am

lol Shion xD That's kinda true though I must say that it's rather impossible? Unless the road is a slope or Eren is so much bigger than the boulder he can toss it like we would a bowling ball. haha

By the way, expect new opening and ending songs in Episode 14. The new opening is not as good as Guren no Yumiya (TV size version of course; the full version sucks big time) though I have to say that I like the title, "Wings of Freedom". Reminds me of Corporal Levi. <3
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:45 am

@Shion:
The guy who's always encouraging Jean (which was why Jean was so distraught when he found him.) He's been setting up a few death flags over the episodes so I wasn't expecting him to die offscreen but tragically at the hands of a titan. Razz

@monn:
That's one of the things I'll really miss in the new arc. Sad Guren no Yumiya was such perfection for the show!

AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monn on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah...

And oh, btw I heard animecrazy is shutting down. ;~; I wonder if it's due to some legal issue...? Japanese mangaka & anime makers should feel thankful toward fansubbers and free anime hosting sites. They're the ones allowing instant fame at international level. Seriously...Mad 
monn
Japanese translator
Japanese translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selva3bd on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 pm

i hope there will be lots of levi action in the new op/ed because that was the only thing i thought the first op was missing.
anyho, the recap episode was meh. the only part worth watching was the preview. finally i got to see levi sticking his shoe in eren's face lol
Selva3bd
Editor
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top