L.O.V.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Read - For All New Applicants

+15
YageNuzu
Kira-senpai
Svelyn
abyssal
yushiro
Shiori
siseoul
litoxpinky
NDK4
Shirokuro98
ciel97
ama
5am
xariaa
AimoAio
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants - Page 2 Empty Re: Please Read - For All New Applicants

Post  AimoAio Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:21 pm

May I ask what position you're looking to apply for? Judging by the samples, I'm assuming a cleaner?
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants - Page 2 Empty Mandarin Translator

Post  NDK4 Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Hello! Aww that's sad.... I usually read Simplified.
I tried reading Karneval 38 in Traditional.... but there were a few lines I didn't know how to read D:
Is it okay if I tried translating a chapter for ya'll to Q.C. ? You can tell me if it's bad..... Which chapter should I work on?

NDK4

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants - Page 2 Empty Re: Please Read - For All New Applicants

Post  litoxpinky Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:21 pm

yes a cleaner Smile i put it as the topic heading instead of in the body.
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:58 pm

NDK4 wrote:Hello! Aww that's sad.... I usually read Simplified.
I tried reading Karneval 38 in Traditional.... but there were a few lines I didn't know how to read D:
Is it okay if I tried translating a chapter for ya'll to Q.C. ? You can tell me if it's bad..... Which chapter should I work on?

Sent you a PM regarding this.

litoxpinky wrote:yes a cleaner Smile i put it as the topic heading instead of in the body.
Your psds are a little difficult for me to check the extent of your cloning skills because you've applied levelling on the layer itself AND also a levelling adjustment layer above that. :\ But you seem to have a good grasp on balance and lighting concepts. I will send you 2 short pages to test your redrawing and cloning via PM in a moment. If you could clean this and send me the psds when you're done and I will assess it. Smile Please remember to keep your redrawing/cloning and your levelling in seperate layers. Do not remove the base raw layer because this is needed for comparison. Duplicate it and apply your cloning on the newer layer and all adjustment layers should go above it.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:11 am

you've applied levelling on the layer itself AND also a levelling adjustment layer above that.

I have never done levelling on the layer iteself. Unless you're refering to the dusting, blackening, and cloning those I do do on the background copy, or if you're refering to the arcana file, that was a request from the group that I saved the layers as such. But okay, I'll be happy to do the test pages, and will send them over when I am done =).
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 am

litoxpinky wrote:
you've applied levelling on the layer itself AND also a levelling adjustment layer above that.

I have never done levelling on the layer iteself. Unless you're refering to the dusting, blackening, and cloning those I do do on the background copy, or if you're refering to the arcana file, that was a request from the group that I saved the layers as such. But okay, I'll be happy to do the test pages, and will send them over when I am done =).

Ah I see. Sorry I'm still relatively new to different cleaning methods and I'm used to seeing and working with the cleaning all done in separate layers. It makes it easier for me to make changes too if I can see where the picture has been changed during QC. Smile
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Please Read - For All New Applicants - Page 2 Empty typesetter

Post  siseoul Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 am

i'd like to apply as a typesetter please :star:
siseoul
siseoul
Typesetter
Typesetter

https://www.youtube.com/user/siseoul

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am

siseoul wrote:
i'd like to apply as a typesetter please Like a Star @ heaven
Welcome! Very Happy Take a look at the Read Me For Typesetters [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are free to take any chapter for typesetting as long as it's been cleaned and another typesetter hasn't already claimed it. Just post in the relevant cleaned chapter thread. You can get your scripts off the Proofread Translations section. ^^ Any questions just ask me or any of the staff here. :3
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiori Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi, I'd like to apply as a typesetter Smile
Shiori
Shiori
Typesetter
Typesetter

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

Apologies for the late welcome! Please take a look at the Read Me for typesetters and have a look at what jobs are currently available. Smile As mentioned above, you are free to take any chapter for typesetting providing there are cleaned scans and a proofread script from them. Both of which can be obtained in the relevant forums.

I'll make an exception this time but in future, please make sure you read the whole first post. Wink
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 2:12 am

I would like to help out with proofreading. Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Post  5am Sun May 13, 2012 10:49 am

HabiKun wrote:I would like to help out with proofreading. Like a Star @ heaven

Thank you for your interest. Please remember to go read the "Read Me" for a proofreader.
Welcome aboard. Smile
5am
5am
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Post  yushiro Sun May 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Name: yushiro
Email address: forum one. I don't particularly want it to be public so pm me if you need ^^;;
Position: QC/Proofreader
Prior experience: I work as an editor/proofreader/J>E translator for other groups. {clean more than I typeset ehe}
Link to download test: It said other examples are ok, but since my edited chapters aren't released yet I'd prefer to PM them. except i don't know who to pm xD

yushiro
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  litoxpinky Sun May 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Everyone whose name is a dark green is an admin, and since AimoAio is the only QCer and boss, I suggest PMing her for that and 5am about proofreading. Good luck Smile
litoxpinky
litoxpinky
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  yushiro Sun May 27, 2012 9:23 pm

litoxpinky wrote:Everyone whose name is a dark green is an admin, and since AimoAio is the only QCer and boss, I suggest PMing her for that and 5am about proofreading. Good luck Smile

Thanks for telling me! I'll pm aimoaio right now then Smile

yushiro
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  abyssal Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 am

Name: Abyssal
Email address: I'll PM my email if that's okay :]
Position: Proofreader
Prior experience: Haven't had any before.

Last edited by abyssal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

abyssal

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:35 am

Please re-read the first post carefully before you resubmit your application. ^^
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Svelyn Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Name: Svelyn
Email address: *please PM me*
Position: Proofreader/Typesetter
Prior experience: AQUA scans as a typesetter.
Link to download test: (for cleaners, editors and quality checkers only)

i can help clean if it's an emergency (only leveling and erasing specks and bubbles, no redraws etc).
Svelyn
Svelyn
Typesetter
Typesetter

http://redscarletdots.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira-senpai Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:40 am

Name: Kira-senpai
Email address: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Position: Typesetter, Quality Checker, and/or Proofreader
Prior experience: I almost joined a group as a cleaner, but I didn't have any time. Now I have lots, lol. Also, I'm such a grammar nazi. If it helps, I do have a basic understanding of Japanese grammar (hooray for MyJapaneseCoach!).
Link to download test: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kira-senpai
Kira-senpai
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am

Nice job on the 2 page spread. The redrawing looks better than what I did for that chapter. xD But remember to use adjustment layers for cleaning next time. So don't apply any levelling on the direct layer itself or it's difficult for the QC'er to modify it. Also remember to keep the background copy untouched and locked. The bubble cleaning and pattern cloning should be done on a duplicate of the background layer instead. Otherwise pretty neat job.

I've marked you as a QC'er since that's the test you completed and because you've demonstrated you can handle both cleaning and typsesetting so if you want to take on another job other than QC'ing, you're free to do so.

Last of all, welcome to the team! ^^ Now that we have more QC'ers, I should really write a more indepth guide for how it works here....xD
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  YageNuzu Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:41 am

Name: YageNuzu
Email address: yiga0025 (at) gmail (dot) com
Position: Proofreader
Prior experience: Just side projects.
Link to download test: (for cleaners, editors and quality checkers only)

YageNuzu
Proofreader
Proofreader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lutyra Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Name: Lutyra
Email address: luluren92-at-gmail-dot-com
Position: Proofreader and/or typesetter
Prior experience: Was a proofreader for a year and currently proofreading, cleaning, and typesetting for one webtoon.
Link to download test: N/A

Lutyra

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm

We are looking for new applicants again, please check the first post for available positions.

Recruitment is now done by email. Do not reply to this thread with your details, instead follow the link on the first post to our main site and fill out the recruitment form.

However you may post here to inquire about your application progress. Alternatively you can use the contact form on our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you have applied previously and did not receive a response then please PM me your application again as I will be in charge of recruitment now.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  cosette Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey there, my name's Cosette and I applied as a cleaner/typesetter/editor/proof reader, and emailed my test via the form on the main site. I just wanted to check if you received it, and if so, whether you deemed if I could be of any assistance to your team ^^;
cosette
cosette
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  AimoAio Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 am

orihar4 wrote:Hey there, my name's Cosette and I applied as a cleaner/typesetter/editor/proof reader, and emailed my test via the form on the main site. I just wanted to check if you received it, and if so, whether you deemed if I could be of any assistance to your team ^^;
Sorry been busy the past few days, will be checking the psds today. Look out for an email from me shortly.
AimoAio
AimoAio
Quality Checker
Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum